Tuesday, March 18, 2008

MoMA's newest member

I recently did something I've wanted to do for many, many years--I joined an art museum. And the MoMA, no less--one of my favorite art museums. Never felt like it was the right time to join--for financial reasons or because I was moving around, etc. But now that I'm in NY and have decided to be here for AWHILE, I figured I had nothing to lose. And I love it. The museum rocks.

Cool pieces from the MoMA's permanent Architecture and Design collection:

Panorama with 50 Years of Helvetica exhibit in background.


Simple, yet funky posters.


Black, red, and white coolness.


Solid, handcrafted chair from Arts & Crafts movement.


A chair designed to be placed in the CORNERS of homes. Ingenious.


And lastly, a chest of drawers with differently-sized drawers...something I would absolutely LOVE to own. I'm sure I could find something to store in each of those little drawers.


There are a few other great exhibits going on at the MoMa, and I will be visiting again soon with more cool seeings to post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, how I envy you.

The MoMa is also one of my favourite museums, along with the Tate Modern and the Reina Sofia (although I am annoyed that I cannot take pics in there!)

But I am always so cheap when I'm in New York, that I always wait for the free Fridays and stand in line for hours on end! And now I can be even CHEAPER, and look at the awesome exhibits from the comfort of my own office through your blog. :!